21 Reasons why...
Bridge is better than Sex!
- You don't have to hide your bridge magazines
- It is perfectly acceptable to hire a pro to play bridge with you once in a while
- The Ten Commandments don't say anything about bridge
- If your partner takes pictures of you at the table, you don't have to worry about them showing up in the tabloids when you become famous
- Your partner doesn't become upset about people you played bridge with long ago
- It is perfectly acceptable to play bridge with a total stranger
- When you see a really good bridge player, you don't have to feel guilty about imagining the two of you at the table together
- When your regular partner is not available, he/she will not mind if you play bridge with someone else
- No one will ever tell you that you will go blind if you play bridge by yourself
- When dealing with a bridge pro, you never have to worry that they are an undercover cop
- You can have a bridge calendar on your wall at the office, tell bridge jokes and invite co-workers to play bridge without being sued for harassment
- There are no bridge-transmitted diseases (except the compulsion to play more bridge)
- You don't have to lock the door when you play bridge on the Internet, and when you visit a bridge website you won't get emails from asianteenagesluts.com for the rest of your life
- Nobody expects you to play bridge with the same partner for the rest of your life
- Nobody expects you to give up bridge if your partner loses interest in it
- You can still do it in your 80`s, and people won't gasp in horror if they find out
- Your bridge partner will never say, " Not again, we just played bridge last week! Is Bridge all you ever think about?" Oops! - maybe they will
- A man doesn't need lots of finesse(s) to be successful at bridge, but then he needs some squeezes
- The phrase "could be short" carries no negative connotation....
- The principle of "Fast Arrival" would not be regarded negatively
- If the partnership agrees on two over one, it wouldn't be considered an orgy
The reasons above were in an email received from our good friend Lily Khalil of Egypt on 20th December 2004. Lily keeps us up-to-date with everything related to Bridge!
Back to Bridge HomePage